30 June 2005

Very laborintensive task

I just created a second post with my picks for the Oct 19 conference day. I must say that this takes a lot of work. Too much, actually!
It seems to me that there is an urgent need for some sort of mechanism on the conference website whereby I could search through the database of all preconferences and sessions. But there isn't, as far as i can see. Why not use tags or the like? That's why I love Flickr.com or del.icio.us so much. They really have thought about the ease of use of their services.
Is anyone listening? Anyone agree? Suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wytze, as far as I can remember, last year there were search facilities, but available in september.
You're too quick.
Hanneke

Anonymous said...

yes they call it the itenerary builder an excellent tool for scheduling, we would like something like that for our students subscribing to classes. Wijnand

Wytze Koopal said...

@Hanneke: yes, I remembered something like that too. But I wonder why it is not yet available.
@Wijnand: the 'persoonlijke rooster' is something that is also heavily discussed over here! Any news from the HAN?

Anyone from Educause that wants to respond?

Anonymous said...

The Knowledge Pathfinder/Itenerary Builder app will be up around the end of July.

Thanks,
Matt

matt[at]educause.edu

Wytze Koopal said...

@Matt: thanks very much for this info! In the meantime I found out that there are already preselections made for different tracks that have been defined. Quite handy!