14 March 2007

Forget digital natives

Sometimes you come across a weblog that really blows your mind. I mean, the posts on the weblog blow your mind (or make you think!). The weblog called "Ed Tech Journeys" is one of them. I can't seem to find a name of the author, but the URL is http://preilly.wordpress.com, so the author's last name is Reilly I suppose. She (or he) is a teacher, or someone who consults with teachers and managers within education. Most of the posts are on leadership, management and the like. They are always worth the read. I would like to point to one post specifically that I read recently.

One of them is Polychrons in Our Classrooms. It summarizes a recent online discussion on the use of wireless devices in the classroom. Some think is it bad, some think it is ok. An interesting angle comes from Anthony Fontana. He tells us someting about a polychronic personality and the implication for education. A very nice read indeed.

And while you are at it, please read the story of Tim also on the same weblog. It is not a happy story, but it will make you think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wytze,
Thank you for the kind words about my blog. My name is Pete Reilly and I am a former teacher. I am committed to seeing that every child in every classroom in the world has a teacher that recognizes their unique gifts and works to bring those gifts forth.

I work with educators to develop the greatness that is within them.

pete

Wytze Koopal said...

Thanks Pete for your response! I will keep reading our weblog, no doubt about that.