21 December 2006

Really quiet here!

Yes, it was really quiet on this weblog. I have been very, very busy with some other stuff. Especially the latest Sakai conference kept me real busy. I wrote about 10 posts on this conference on the group weblog of the Sakai community in The Netherlands. And then I wrote a short report on this conference, which (ofcourse) is available (but is written in Dutch) online.
What else?
  1. I tried out the free weblog service on wordpress.com. This is pretty impressive, in my opinion. No wonder that Google is pushing hard with their NEW Blogger service!
  2. Here at the University of Twente we are preparing for some technical trials with Sakai. This means diving into SCORM and service endpoints within Sakai. Fortunately two of my collegues, Eelco Laagland and Dennis Vierkant, are doing the best parts of this.
  3. Also regarding my homebase: there will be a demo of Sakai (and our project) at the end of January for all interested students and faculty. We are now in the preparation phase (who, where, when etc) of this demo-session.
  4. And then we have a 'minor' upgrade of our current VLE (TeleTOP) coming up next week. Lots of preparation has been gone into that. Too much, maybe...
  5. And then we have an upcoming restructuring of the service departments at our University. Final goal: more efficient service, less costly. Solution that is worked on right now: Shared Service Centres.
If you are still here: Happy Holidays and see you in 2007!

No comments: